Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A gift of books

    A house without books is like a room without windows. ~Heinrich Mann


 My sister gave Phoenix a special gift for his 2nd birthday.  A box filled with some of her favorite children's books, most of which I am sure she discovered and read raising her own children.   What a great gift to share her special memories with him. 

      I have recently purchased a Kindle after so many raved about it.   I admit I have enjoyed it and even Phoenix has played some toddler matching games on it.   However, I have read a couple of books on it and  although it is user friendly and convenient to carry with you it is not a book.  There is a certain feeling you have when  holding a book, turning the pages and feeling the paper in your hand.   I love to finish a book and place it on our bookshelf among all the other great stories we have read or pass it along to another.     It is sad to me that book stores are disappearing everywhere.   You hear talk about everything becoming digital in the future ending the need for books. I am holding on to our books and I am happy to continue reading page by paper page.


 Here are the books my sister gave Phoenix





                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                    
                                                                                                                           



 Phoenix's favorite so far is Go, Dog. Go!  It has dogs and cars it doesn't get any better for him!




   Does anyone remember Carol and Paula from the Magic Garden acting out Caps for Sale?









 
 
 
What are some of your favorite children's books?  Here are a couple of mine. 

      Actually we love all of Sandra Boynton books. 

















 
 
And...I have to say my favorite of all time is HUG!  A book that uses only one word but tells a wonderful story of love.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment