Let me begin by saying a cook or chef I am not. I am however, a great lover of food, all food. I have always enjoyed watching cooking shows, collecting cookbooks, cutting out recipes from magazines all with the hopes and plans to make each recipe. Food is a great part of our lives. We celebrate with food, comfort ourselves with food and nourish our bodies each day with food.
For me, food becomes even more enjoyable when I share the meal with those I love. With Mother's Day soon approaching, brunch seems like a perfect way to share a meal with our moms, grandmothers or any special mom in our lives. Here is a one pan easy to make frittata to serve. Pair it with mixed greens with vinaigrette dressing.
7 large eggs
3 chicken sausage links(removed from skin and broken apart)
2 large red peppers(chopped)
3 white or yukon gold potatoes(cut into small cubes)
1 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of light cream
spoonful of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Coat a pan with olive oil and and place the potatoes in the pan
Cook them for 10 minutes or until they begin to brown and soften
2. Add the red peppers and sausage pieces
Cook until almost cooked through
3. In a bowl mix the eggs, cream, cheese, salt and pepper
Add the egg mixture into the pan stirring it around to evenly spread the eggs
4. When the eggs have begun to firm along the edge of the pan place the pan into the preheated oven and cook for about 8 to 9 minutes or until the middle of the frittata appears cooked through
5. Slice and serve right out of the pan
Try the frittata with different ingredients use bacon instead of sausage or spinach and mushrooms instead of sausage and peppers. I have also added a couple of pats of butter at step two to add more richness to the dish. Try your own variation and let us know how it turned out. Enjoy!