Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ode to Lemon


I love lemons. 

The color, the fragrance, the flavor.

 Lemons make me think of summer, shrimp on the grill with lemon, lemon italian ice, bright sunny days!


Watching my son lick a lemon, priceless.       



Here are a couple of my other favorite lemons...


Bath and Body Lemon Wallflowers
come in a variety of styles.  They plug into the wall and the lemon scent is fresh and clean.  I love that the scent lasts for several weeks and some of the plug ins are night lights.  There are several scents to choose from, but my favorite is lemon.  





 Saponificio Artigianale Fiorentino
is a  natural 100 % vegetable based soap from Italy. It comes in several scents but my favorite is lemon. I love how the scent lingers in the  bathroom after your shower. 
 
You can order this easily online.  However, I like to find it in stores like Marshall's or Home Goods at a better price.  I just recently gave this soap to some special moms in my life for Mother's Day.  I love to share things I enjoy with others.  I guess that is why I started blogging. 

 Quick and Easy Homemade Lemonade

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups sugar plus 2 cups of water (to make a simple sugar)

Juice of about 8-10 lemons

Cold water to fill gallon pitcher

Ice

Instructions
1- In a saucepan heat 1 and 3/4 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water until sugar dissolves, let cool slightly and pour into pitcher

2-Juice the lemons and add to pitcher











3-Fill pitcher with cold water and stir





4-Add lemon slices and ice

Yummy!!



Lemon Chicken

Ingredients:

1 package of boneless chicken cutlets

oil to coat pan

1/2 stick of butter

1/2 cup wine

1/2 cup chicken broth

1/2 teaspoon of flour
 
juice of 2 or 3 lemons

salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika to taste


1-Cut cutlets into strips

2- Season strips with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika

3- Coat pan with oil and brown chicken on each side

4-Add chicken broth, wine(could use all broth instead of the wine) lemon and butter to the pan and  bring to simmer

5-Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes

6- Take chicken out of pan

7-In a small bowl mix flour and drops of water to make a roux

8-Add roux a little at a time to pan to thicken sauce(more roux the thicker the sauce)

9-Pour sauce over chicken and serve with lemon slices






Do you have a favorite lemon recipe??  Let me know I would love to try it.  






No comments:

Post a Comment