Thursday, May 30, 2013

The greatest comfort food


Today was a long day.  Nothing seemed to go right. 
 
My car was in the shop for a noise it was making, so I took my mother's car to work. 
 
I forgot my parking pass and had to park blocks away from work. 

It was close to 90 degrees today so not a pleasant walk. 

The computer system at work was not working right so it took me two hours to do 20 minutes of work.  

I went to pick up my car to discover after paying more than I had hoped, that the car was making the same noise, in fact I swear it sounds worse.

I came home hot, frustrated and stressed. 
 
My son greeted me in the driveway by soaking me with the hose.  I guess after the fact that wasn't so bad. 

Anyway, I went straight to the kitchen, my place of comfort.  There is only one thing that comes to mind to make when I am seeking comfort food, Pasta.  So here is my simple recipe for pasta with marinara sauce. 

Marinara Sauce Ingredients:

1 can of crushed tomatoes ( I use Tuttorosso, but any would be fine)













A splash of white wine(maybe 2 splashes tonight)
A handful of Pecorino Romano cheese
A tablespoon of sugar
Fresh basil
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

Put all the ingredients in a pot except for the basil.  Simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.  Boil your choice of pasta according to the directions on the box.  Top the pasta with the sauce and fresh basil leaves.



Enjoy! Oh, I almost forgot. Don't forget your glass of wine.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen I hope today will be better. It is the start of the weekend enjoy.

    ReplyDelete