Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Easy cinnamon walnut cake



I have begun coordinating our coffee hour at church this year.  Although some have helped each week, I usually provide some of the goodies.   I have said before that I am far from a cook or a baker, but I have been trying.   Here is an easy make cake that I came up with combining a few different recipes I have collected.  It has a swirl of nuts, sugar and cinnamon in the middle and has the consistency of a pound cake.  Great for coffee or tea time. 

Ingredients for cake:

1 3/4 cups of flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup room temperature butter
1tsp vanilla extract

Ingredients for swirl:

1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts

1.  Heat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 81/2 inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray

2. In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt

3. In a bowl combine the eggs, sour cream, sugar, butter and vanilla (the butter needs to be room temperature to mix well)

4. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture until blended

5. In a bowl mix the swirl ingredients

6. Pour half of the batter into the pan

7.  Spread the swirl mixture evenly over 1st layer of batter

8. Spread rest of batter on top

9. Bake 40 minutes(times may vary with each oven) toothpick inserted in center should come out dry



2 comments:

  1. Oh my, this looks so yummy! Comfort food, right here!

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. my daughter is so domesticated. I taught you well.

    ReplyDelete