Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Happy Birthday Sis!

This week my baby sister turned 40 years old!  It is funny cause I was always the one who stressed getting older never wanting to acknowledge my birthday but this year my sister began to freak out.  Since I passed 40 I seem to think less about my age, but I know how she feels.

It sometimes doesn't seem possible that 40 years have gone by. 
 
 It seems like yesterday we were sharing a bedroom and staying up late watching The Odd Couple on our little yellow black and white television.  

 It seems like yesterday we would play library and house and restaurant.

 It seems like yesterday we would spend the day swimming and then run into the air conditioner freezing. 

 It seems like yesterday we would ride our bikes to the next town and  spend hours in the library. 

 It seems like yesterday we would make a line down the middle of our room not letting the other step on our side of the room. 

It seems like yesterday you would say, " I cant sleep", and I would say "Think of Tom and Jerry and you will feel better".

It seems like yesterday we made a clubhouse in grandma's closet and charged our family money to come watch the plays we would perform.

It seems like yesterday we would dress up as Baby New Year and Father Time for New Year's Eve.

It seems like yesterday we would spend all day making up dances to Michael Jackson's Thriller album.

It seems like yesterday we would go to the wresting matches and cheer and boo for Hulk Hogan and the Iron Sheik. 

It seems like yesterday we  would drive to school together singing Elvis songs out loud.

It seems like yesterday we went to college, first fell in love and moved out on our own.

It seems like yesterday we went through our first pregnancies together having our children one week apart.

Thank you for all the memories we have shared together.  I am looking forward to another 40 years of memories. 

Happy Birthday Baby Sister!  I love you! 

2 comments:








  1. jen that was simply beautiful you are both my treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful tribute to your sister!

    ReplyDelete